Saturday, October 26, 2013

6 Years Ago....



6 years ago today, i was admitted to the hospital at 34 weeks pregnant with my first child. I had been experiencing some complications and being my first child i was very scared.  The night was long and i got very little sleep, as my babies heart rate dropped i didn't really understand what was going on. The following morning October 27th my doctor (Dr. Hussey) came in to see me and said we've decided were going to do an emergency c-section now.  There was very little time to do anything, everything happened so fast.  My beautiful baby boy was born screaming and crying at 11:23 am, which brought tears to my eyes.  They brought him over to me so i could see him and give him a kiss. He was then quickly taken away to the NICU.  He weighted just 4lb 5oz and 16 1/2 inch.   I wasn't able to go down and see him again until the next morning.  I felt so blessed to have a sweet baby boy, i had prayed for so many years and finally i was holding my baby.  Micah stayed in the NICU for 11 days after i left, it was the hardest days. 
Over the past 6 years Micah has brought nothing but joy to our family.  He is an amazing big brother and so helpful.  I can't believe how fast the years have gone.  I Love you Micah and feel so blessed to be your mommy.  I love you to the moon and back, thanks for always being my baby in my heart.

 Micah's first day.
Micah just shy of 6.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a handsome young man! I can't believe it's been 6 years!!!!!