Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stay at home Mommy

Three years ago i said goodbye to my classroom and hello to mommy-hood. Three years ago i was 32 weeks pregnant and had decided to take 8 weeks to prepare for my little blessing (Micah). I said goodbye to my students and packed up my stuff. Just 2 weeks later we welcomed Micah into the world. How my life has changed all for the better :)
Gone are the days of writing lesson plans and preparing for lessons and activities. (i do miss my students and the great laughs we shared.) Now, i plan play dates and play taxi cab. Micah is growing so fast, He'll be 3 in just 2 short weeks. He keeps us laughing and wondering what he'll do next. Here just a few of the silly things he's done lately.

We put Micah down the other night when i hear him talking in his room off and on. After an hour i decided to go check on him and remind him that it was sleeping time. Well, what i found was a little shocking. When i entered the room he told me that he went to the bathroom so i turned on the lights. I found him laying in his bed with nothing on. When i said, 'What are you doing?' He said, "I'm hot mommy i sleep naked.' i was in such shock i told him not to move and that i was going to get his father. When Allwyn came up we couldn't stop laughing.

Another night we were working on a special gift for Micah out in the garage, the boys were in bed sleeping or so we thought. I decided to crack the door so i could hear if the boys needed us. I then heard a child talking and i thought to myself who lets their child stay up this late and play. Well, to my surprise it was my child. I came in and he was sitting on the couch watching tv. He said, 'Mommy you forgot to turn off the lights when you went to bed.' I then took him back up to his room. He didn't fall asleep for another 30 minutes.

After our late night we had a rough morning. What was so rough you ask. Well, understanding that once you stick a sticker to paper it won't come off. We even called Auntie Katie to help us understand that if you don't stick it to yourself then it won't come off. We finally ate lunch and felt a little better and stuck another 30 stickers on a box.

That silly stuff aside we're busy planning Micah's 3rd birthday party. He's very excited and can't wait to have cake a cheese balls with his friends. I told him we're having pizza too but, he told me no i wants chicken nuggets so i'll have to see how i can make that work. Stay tuned for details on Micah's party and lots of pictures.

No comments: