Friday, December 31, 2010

If Someone Had Only Told Me...

If someone had only told my how hard it would be to potty train a 3 year old! I started trying to train Micah while i was pregnant and things were going well but with that said he never fully took to it and i never pushed because i knew with a baby coming he would likely regress. Which was true, once Josiah was born he wanted nothing to do with the potty. Summer came and went Micah started school and we still weren't potty trained. I decided that after Christmas i would just go for it. Thats just what i did. I told Micah that Santa took all the extra diapers and left us just enough to get through Christmas day. I then started Sunday morning by putting big boy underpants on him. Well it's been a long week, i haven't left the house (well one trip to target because he filled his sticker chart and wanted a sting ray for his zoo) I've been up to my eyeballs in potty training. Today was day 6 and i still think we have a few more to go until we really get it down. But, when we made that trip to target (it was just Micah and i) Micah was such a bog boy he wore big boy underpants and kept them dry!!! He came home and used the potty and was good to go.
I can't believe my baby boy isn't really a baby anymore. Sometimes i cant believe this big boy is that same tiny 4lb baby boy. Time really flies.
Here are just a few of the cute things he's said lately:
Micah: Mommy did my Dino's grow in your tummy?
Mommy: Nope
Micah: Where did we get them?
Mommy: Our friend Sarah gave you one and the other one came from Target.

The other night i went into Micahs room because he was playing around when he should have been sleeping and he said, "Mommy can we pray?" I said, "Sure" He then said, "Dear God, Thank you for my mommy, Please take care of her."
It was the sweetest most beautiful prayer I've heard.
I feel so blessed that God gave him to us.

3 comments:

the Ecclestons said...

Mary Beth! Hang in there, he's almost there:)! LOVED all your Christmas pictures....the matching jammies, so cute stockings, and all else! You are such a great and adorable mommy! xoxo

Kathryn Egly said...

I know how you are feeling...I was there a couple months ago and we are FINALLY at a good place. Call me if you want to chat about it!

Unknown said...

"Dear God, Thank you for my mommy, Please take care of her." - Nice. So, he didn't care about Allwyn? ;-))