Sunday, December 7, 2014

Preparing for the Holidays

We've been busy preparing for Christmas and all that it brings.  The next few weeks are full of lots of activities programs and so much more.
This week is going to be super busy for the boys and i which will just lead into another busy week.  I've had a little time to myself this weekend to try to prepare for it all but i've spent most of my time resting.  Micah has his first real school project due this coming Friday and he has to practice his presentation a lot to be ready.  I think i'm more nervous than he is. 
Wednesday Micah is excited to be part of take your teacher to dinner night (i am not because mini golfing with 3 small boys by myself does not sound fun to me) Which leads to Thursaday when all 3 of the boys have dental appointments followed by Josiah's pre-schoool holiday program.  I'm sure i'll have lots of pictures and video to share from them both. 
On Friday morning bright and early i'll catch a cab to the airport to visit with my sister.  I'm super excited to see her and am looking forward to some time together.  I wish the boys were coming with but next time.  Since i'm leaving Friday (the same day as Micah's presentation, the trip was planned before the project) i'll miss Micah's send off before his big presentation, but it could be for the best since i might make him nervous.
It will be nice to be with my sister before i return on Monday for my biopsy.  (i share more about that on simplyme) 
I also have lots of planning for Micah's class holiday party to finish up.  Not to mention the Christmas shopping that needs to be finished.  Gifts i need to wrap the list just goes on...
I'm super excited this year because the boys and i will be spending Christmas day with my aunt and her daughters.  They will be visting Chicago for the holidays, they couldnt be coming at a better time.  It's been a long time since i've spent the holidays with my family.  I look forward to my boys playing with the girls.  I also look forward to catching up with my aunt.  Katie and Nick will also hopefully be in for a visit as well.
Micah is super excited this year for our family pajamas because he helped pick them out.  I have a feeling he'll want us to wear them a bit more often than we have in the past. 
We're less that 2 weeks out, here's hoping i finish it all.


No comments: