Monday, March 23, 2015

Manic Monday...

Today started like any other Monday morning... well, with the exception that there was snow on the ground.  Yes, we're a few days into spring and i was wearing a dress a week ago and it's snowing...
After dropping the boys off at school i can home and started to clean up and started some laundry.  Then my phone rang, it was the preschool.  Everytime i see one of the boys schools calling i feel a little sick.  I answer the phone and it was Ms. Kelly the director at the preschool.  She said we don't want to alarm you but Noah is gasping for air and struggling to breath, does he have an inhaler you can bring him?  I said, i'm on my way... i grabbed his nebulizer and ran out the door.  Noah has asthma but because of his age they don't officially call it that.  I've spend a handful of nights in the er and even a few days in the ICU with him because of breathing issues.  When i arrived he was in a teachers arms and started to cry when he saw me.  I took him into a quiet room and gave him 2 back to back treatments and he was fine.  I'm hoping that tonight isn't a rough night, its really hard to watch him struggle.  Right now hes running around and playing with his brother so here's hoping this continues.  
To top things off when we returned home from school i realized that Micah's fish had died.... I scooped him out and flushed him before anyone noticed.  Now, I'm hoping that no one notices him missing until i can get to the store to replace him (not until Wednesday because that's when I'll get a free morning without the boys)  The boys are getting kind of old and I'm not sure that i can tell them that he's just hiding from them?!?!  I know i know it's awful that i just don't let them deal with the death.... but in my defense i have in the past and i just DON'T want to today...  don't judge, unless you're bringing me a blue beta.

No comments: