Monday, March 2, 2015

Rock Star Status

My regular routine every other Monday is after drop off i volunteer in the library at Micah's school.  My job isn't anything fancy or to rave about...just checking books back in a re shelving them.  Micah's class is just across from the LMC, i can hear everything that is going on which is fun.  Micah's class also has a bathroom break during the time that i'm there and as soon as one of his classmates spots me it's on...  It's kind of funny because Micah knows i'm there (i give him a heads up) when he steps into the hall he is sure NOT to make eye contact with me.  His friends are all saying look Micah there is your mom, they're waving at me calling Hi Micah's Mom.
Micah has the first lunch of the day which is at 10:40. I usually run down there to sit with him if i'm able.  (side not: Micah's school called me a few weeks ago worried because Micah wasn't eating his lunch... well what do you expect from a child who eats 3 eggs for breakfast... 10:40 is to soon for him to eat.)  As soon as i walked in today kids were shouting it's Micah's Mom, Hi Micah's Mom.  I felt like a rock star.  Everyone stopping me to say hi or tell me what they're eating for lunch (Even Micah's classmates from last year remember me...I'm telling you it's because i throw the greatest holiday and birthday parties)  I finally made it to where Micah was sitting... we talked about his morning only to be interrupted every other minute by a classmate who wanted to share something they did or comment on my outfit, hair or boots.  6-7 is such an awesome age.  The children aren't completely filtered so they say whats on their mind but they're still loving, affectionate and thoughtful.  (Another side note: At the begining of the school year i came to have lunch with Micah when a student approached me as said... excuse me.. who's mom are you?  When i told him i was Micah's mom he said no you arent.  I said yes i am, he then told me that i couldnt be because i was the wrong color.  Well, sweetheart i am :)  He then suggested a few other children in the class that i would be a better fit to resemble. )
Children are truly a blessing and so much fun to spend time with, they have so much to share and just want to be heard.

No comments: