Thursday, February 26, 2015

Six.... A a 1/2K marathon

Six is the number of children i had in my home today.  Not with there mother there but by myself.  They ranged in age from 1 to 7.  5 boys 1 girls, thank heaven for that sweet girl...even if she didn't know it i felt like i had someone on my team.  When their dad dropped them off so he could be with his wife for an appointment i thought... i've got this... 
Then the youngest had to be peeled from his fathers arms screaming and crying.  I thought... think Mary Beth think you've done this before and you're pretty darn good with kids.  I then decided a distraction was in need, i tried toys, food then dad came back through the door... Really dad, GET OUT!  Finally after some quick thinking i had everyone calm and playing peacefully.  As i sat on the floor playing with the kids singing songs, building blocks i felt completely in my element.  I had one sweet girl draped over my shoulders singing her own song and boys riding  plasma cars all around me.  We even had a dance party, and everyone participated even the reluctant 7 year old.  These are the moments i love about being a mom and spending time with young children.

Emmy was tired from helping me with all the boys :)
 
Yesterday Josiah had his 1/2K.  Yes just a 1/2K, they're 3,4 and 5 what do you expect?  Each class came up with a team name and created a poster.  They stretched before and even said the pledge.  Josiah did amazing and he even received a ribbon.  Its a tad bitter sweet because this is his last run at pre-school.  Next year he's off to Kindergarten.  My sweet boys are growing so fast.

No comments: