Thursday, February 19, 2015

Drop Off and Pick Ups

Drop off and Pick up's are some of the funniest moments in my day.  It all begins at 7:50 when i start to pile three small people into the car.  Everyone have their school bag, coat, hat, gloves...check, check, check, check.  I check everyone's buckles (Josiah usually has to give me a kiss before i climb into the drivers seat) We start to pull out of the garage only to discover we forgot something.  Eventually we are on our way and demands are being made about which song should be played, and how loud. 
We arrive at our first stop about 8:15.  We get into the drop off line.  I get out of the car and help Josiah and Noah into their coats.  Almost everyday Josiah has to suddenly go to the bathroom, so the resourceful mother that i am i grab a bag and yes you guessed it he pees in the bag.  I get everyone set and get back into the driver seat. This is usually when the real monkey business starts.  The boys are throwing things at one another laughing and joking the whole time. Most morning we pull up and Josiah joyfully goes... Noah on the other hand has to be pulled from the car kicking and screaming. I start to pull away as the door is still open, Micah of course is asking me if it is legal to drive with the door open.  No son i had to move it, we've held up the line long enough.
We arrive at our second stop about 8:40.  I rush Micah as quickly as he'll move to get his coat and gear together.  We usually get out with just a minute or two before the bus arrives.  When it was warmed i would stand and gab with the other moms, now with the cold i wave and quickly return to my car.  I sit in the drivers seat in a relief that once again out morning was a success without to much drama.
Usually Pre-school pick up is pretty uneventful except for the darn button the open the door.  Everyone needs a change to push it before we can leave.  (I've actually decided we're exiting out the back door to avoid this drama)
Then you have Bus pick-up.  I usually stop by my neighbor Sarah's house to give her a ride.  We shake it off the whole 5 house drive :)  We wait in the car these days until the bus stops because its so cold.  Thats when the real crazy begins.  Kids start to unload left and right.  I thankfully have just one to wrangle... My neighbor has 4.  Kids are crossing Skylane (which can be busy with high school drivers at this time) i think probably 16 kids get off at this stop.  it's pure kayos.  I just laugh the whole time. 
I'm ready for some warm weather so we can walk to the bus stop again... a little over 6 months and ill be putting Josiah on the bus too.
It's just how we roll


No comments: